This past weekend was heaven on earth, in my opinion, as temperatures reached up to the 80’s in Boston accompanied by the golden hue of autumn foliage. The kids brought to life their bathing suits one last time as each drop of sunshine was devoured. With it being Fall, the craving for pumpkin hit, but I certainly was not in the mood for turning on the oven! Instead, I altered my “faux ice cream“ recipe from a previous post (on a former site) and turned it into Fall pumpkin goodness; free of dairy, refined sugars, and fat.
- Helps night-time vision
- Aids in weight loss due to high fiber content
- Seeds can improve bad cholesterol and are a good source of selenium, a mineral found in soil which boosts immunity, assists thyroid health, and helps protect against cancer
- Naturally high in beta-carotene, the antioxidant that reduces cancer risk
- Helps to keep the skin wrinkle-free (yay!)
- Boosts serotonin production, which improves mood
- More potassium than a banana
- Strengthens the immune system
All this from a little cup of frozen goodness? I’m sold! The best part is all of this took less than 3 minutes to prepare. Makes about 3 servings.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut (or almond) milk
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove to taste (or pumpkin pie seasoning mix)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (minus seasonings)
- Add more coconut milk if the mixture is too clumpy
- Add in a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove spices. Adjust to taste preferences
- Scoop and place in serving dishes. Serve immediately!
Tell me what you think! What’s the best pumpkin dish you’ve ever made?
If you like this recipe and are interested in others, check out my Seasonal Nourishing Menu.
LIKE THIS POST? SIGN UP TO GET ALL OF MY RECIPES +
NUTRITION TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR IN BOX – IT’S FREE!!