2015 is just about here! Time to appreciate 2014 for all the good and lessons learned, and welcome in the new year with open arms and hope. No other drink quite serves New Year’s Eve as much justice as a gorgeous flute of champagne. Certainly New Year’s Eve is not the time most folks think about eating or drinking healthy, but champagne is one of the healthier choices you can make make. Some health benefits:
- The polyphenols found in red wine are also found in champagne. Polyphenols help to reduce free radicals within the body, lowering the risk of disease.
- There are less calories per glass in champagne than most other alcoholic beverages.
- The serving size tends to be less as well which reduces the calorie count even further.
Amplify that with an antioxidant rich fruit and you have yourself a winner of a cocktail!
Pomegranate is the perfect winter fruit. Not only is it rich in disease-fighting Vitamin C, but it is fun and festive too. Add a splash of 100% pure pomegranate juice to your champagne and garnish with a handful of pomegranate seeds right in the glass.
How gorgeous is this?
5 Reasons Why Pomegranate is the Perfect Winter Fruit:
1. Pomegranates are the most powerful antioxidant fruit, even above blueberries.
2. Eating pomegranates lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. Consuming pomegranates reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
4. Pomegranates contain strong anti-cancer properties.
5. Regularly consuming pomegranates boosts immunity.
Those are reasons I can raise a glass to!
As always moderation is the key, and following the 90/10 rule way of living is a recipe for a healthy life.
LIKE THIS POST? SIGN UP TO GET ALL OF MY RECIPES +
NUTRITION TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR IN BOX – IT’S FREE!!