As we approach the new year, inevitably people start thinking about their health + wellness goals. As you may have seen or even experienced, many times these changes don’t stick. That is why LIFESTYLE changes, that are easy to implement, are the best way to make the most positive impact in your life.
Remember health and wellness is so much more than just how your clothes fit. It’s far more than a number on a scale. It’s about loving yourself to make the changes that serve your body and serve your highest health regularly.
Health and wellness require daily rituals that serve you; body, mind, and soul. These rituals come from the deepest place of love.
It’s important to remember that it is not what you do SOME of the time that matters, it is what you do MOST of the time that does. This comes down to the habits you have created for yourself. Think of and jot down 5 of your daily habits. Now think of how you can improve upon these.
Here are 5 Daily Lifestyle Changes You Can Make in 2016:
- Drink More Water: Upon waking before you do anything else, drink a glass of water. This will keep you hydrated and will help to get your lymphatic system moving. Add lemon or lime to increase water’s health benefits.
- Let Go of Negative Thinking: Whether it be negative self-talk, a negative outlook on life, or a negative relationship, this will weigh heavy on your health. You are your thoughts; your thoughts become your reality. Replace negative thoughts with the better-feeling thought. Your health will thank you.
- Remember to Move: Even if you have a job that requires you to sit most of the day, make a point to get up at least once an hour, move, talk with colleagues. If going to the gym is not an option due to limited time, make sure you walk as much as you can. Get a Fit Bit, breath deep, and just MOVE.
- Honor Your Inner Clock: You may not need 8 hours of sleep, but your body does have a natural circadian rhythm that needs to be honored. This circadian rhythm not only tells your body when to sleep, but is also responsible for many other physiological processes. If your sleep cycle is honored your eating cycle will be improved.
- Reduce Sugar: Fat does not make you fat, but sugar does. It also causes widespread low-level inflammation throughout the body; a precursor to disease. Get familiar with all of the names that sugar hides behind: high-fructose corn syrup, beet sugar, rice malt, brown rice syrup, evaporated cane juice, fructose, and more. Avoid the chemical stuff at all cost as this also produces inflammation and havoc within the body. If you are looking for sugar replacements, try these healthier alternatives.
Ready to Learn More? I Want to Teach You!
Join me and my team of fellow health coaches for a brand new event this January 18th, the RESET Nation Challenge. We couldn’t be more excited to have you on OUR team with our total support and motivation! Email me “New Year New You” and I’ll send you details along with an opt-in link and incentives offered throughout the program!
SIGN UP TO GET ALL OF MY RECIPES +NUTRITION TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR IN BOX – IT’S FREE!!