If you’ve followed me for a while you’ve probably witnessed my ever-growing love and wonder of essential oils. Pure essential oils that is; the oil from the roots, stems, petals, bark, and leaves of plants with nothing else. No fillers, no synthetics, nada.
Lavender oil is one of the most popular essential oils in the world with peppermint following as a close second. In fact Hippocrates, the Father of Modern Medicine, used essential oils with his patients and widely revered their effects.
Lavender has been cherished for thousands of years for its unmistakable aroma and beneficial properties. Here are 5 amazing uses for lavender that you’ll love.
- Improves eczema and psoriasis – lavender is widely known for helping to soothe and heal skin issues.
- Reduces itching from bug bites – apply directly on bug bites including mosquito bites to help take away the itch. Can also help ease the pain of bee stings.
- Aids in sleep – for centuries lavender has been used as a sleep aid. Spray on linens, pillowcases, or apply directly in a bath.
- Has antiseptic properties – use on minor scrapes and burns to help the skin’s natural healing process.
- Relaxes body and mind – known for its calming properties, using lavender regularly will help to bring on feelings of serenity. Diffusing is an effective way to achieve this relaxed state of body and mind.
What are some of your favorite ways to use lavender?
ps…..to learn more about essential oils including info on my favorite brand, click HERE.
SIGN UP TO GET ALL MY WELLNESS TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR IN BOX – IT’S FREE!!