It’s no secret, I’m an essential oil fanatic and use them in every aspect of my life! From cooking to cleaning to moisturizing and more. Naturally, I do have my favorite essential oils and I’d like to share those with you. Here’s how my favorite essential oils can help you unleash a healthier mind and body.
Janelle’s Top 5 Essential Oils:
- Lemon: Lemon essential oil is so stellar when it comes to every day living. Lemon oil is known for its cleansing properties. You can use lemon oil to purify the air and surfaces of your home. Lemon oil in your water will afford you a refreshing beverage filled with health benefits – it will cleanse the body, aid digestion and boost your mood. If you have kids, lemon oil is a miracle. It will remove practically any junk including sticky tree sap, sticker residue and permanent marker and will also get gum out of hair when all other attempts fail – win!
2. Lavender: My next go-to oil is lavender. Lavender is wonderful because of its soothing properties. You’ve probably heard of giving a child a lavender bath before bed, and it truly works wonders! You can add a few drops of lavender oil to your child’s bath to help relax her for an easier night time ritual. You can also do this with your own bath and add in some Epsom salts for an ultra-soothing adult relaxation experience. Lavender eases muscle tension, so apply it to any area that can use some TLC. Another favorite use of lavender is dropping some in my laundry detergent for an extra aromatherapy boost.
3. Peppermint: Especially during colder months, peppermint is a favorite of our family. For all of the times that myself, my husband or my littles cannot breathe, we dilute a drop of peppermint oil in fractionated coconut oil and swipe under the nose. Viola – breathing has never been so easy! Peppermint is also a favorite of women who experience digestive upset. All you need to do to calm a tummy ache is rub the oil over your belly or take peppermint oil in a veggie capsule.
4. Frankincense: Sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me, and that’s when I take a bath filled with frankincense oils to calm my nerves. Frankincense is also great for women to slow aging skin. Combine this essential oil with a carrier oil and rub it on age spots and blemishes for rejuvenated skin.
5. doTERRA OnGuard: This one is a mix of essential oils: clove bud, wild orange, cinnamon, rosemary and eucalyptus from doTERRA, which are the essential oils I use. I wanted to include it to show you how it can combat seasonal frustrations. OnGuard supports a healthy immune system, so it works great when taken in a veggie capsule to combat cold and flu. For this, use five drops of OnGuard, three drops oregano, five drops Melaleuca and five drops lemon oil. I also apply to the spine of my babes during the school year.
For more information on how to use essential oils, download my FREE Essential Oil Guide here.
SIGN UP TO GET ALL OF MY RECIPES +NUTRITION TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR IN BOX – IT’S FREE!!